Mice can be a big problem for homeowners. They crawl through holes and can chew on electrical wires, which can lead to house fires and other problems. Here are some ways you can keep mice out of your home.
Tips for Keeping Mice Away
- Mice will eat just about anything. Keep food in sealed containers, because mice will get into unsecured trash if they smell something delicious inside. Never leave food out for them to snack on, even in the sink overnight.
- Mice love to dig or burrow anywhere that has soft material or dirt. Mice’s teeth grow constantly, so their chewing habits cause them to need an easy way to wear down their teeth. This is why they sometimes chew on electrical wire. This can cause short circuits and even house fires. To stop this from happening, make sure to seal off any entry points into your home.
- Mice are very small, which allows them to get through tiny areas that other animals cannot fit through. The best way to prevent mice from getting in is to make sure nothing they can crawl through is there in the first place. Use steel wool or copper mesh to fill holes larger than 1/2 inch because mice can fit through much smaller spaces than that. Make sure you patch up any entry points with these materials, because it will be more challenging for mice to chew right through metal material than regular wood or drywall.
- Rodents also like tight spaces where they can nest, so keep furniture away from walls if possible. If you have pets, make sure their food bowls aren’t close to walls or furniture, because that might attract mice.
- Keeping an area free of clutter is another easy way to keep mice away. Mice will use any objects for nests, so make sure your home is free of stuffed animals, boxes left out in the open, and similar types of clutter.
Mice Mob Exterminators Are Here to Help
To find out more, reach out to us here at Mice Mob Exterminators. We can provide tips to keep mice away based on our many years of experience.